Best Bitcoin Poker Sites in 2023
Many people believe that bitcoin is the future of online poker.
The online poker world has seen a lot of controversy over the last 15 years. Online poker is the poster child for internet gambling regulation and bitcoin poker sites are the next wave.
For many years, the initial wave of online poker sites was shut down because governments around the world, particularly in the United States, started to regulate banks and payment processing systems associated with poker sites.
Bitcoin changes the game and allowed poker players to follow their passion and play poker online again. Bitcoin poker sites allow instant and simple transactions, along with player anonymity, and are flourishing!
Poker is a highly competitive game that takes skill, patience, and strategy. The best bitcoin poker sites allow players to hone their skills and facilitate a tremendous user experience. Bitcoin poker sites want to cater to players, of all skill levels and offer promotions to incentive players to remain loyal to their site.
Most Popular Bitcoin Poker Sites
Bitcoin, Litecoin & Bitcoin Cash accepted
Big tournaments and huge prizes
Create your own clubs and private rooms
Fully Crypto Poker built on the BNB Chain and Avalanche
10+ Crypto accepted
Instant Deposits and withdrawals
1x Rollover on your rake
Anonymous with NO KYC
Play any game, anywhere with their app
Daily and weekly leaderboards
Deposit with USDT, ETH, BTC & CHP
- SwC Poker: SwC Poker is considered one of the best bitcoin poker sites, offering a wide range of games and tournaments with a low rake. The site is known for its high player traffic, fast payouts, and its provably fair technology. It also offers a mobile app and a VIP program.
- Nitrobetting Poker: Nitrobetting Poker is a popular bitcoin poker site that offers anonymous play and instant deposits and withdrawals. It has a user-friendly interface and a wide range of games and tournaments, including Sit and Go and MTTs. The site also offers a sportsbook and a casino.
- Betcoin Poker: Betcoin Poker is a well-established bitcoin poker site that offers a variety of games and tournaments, including Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and Stud. The site is known for its fast payouts, excellent customer support, and its VIP program. It also offers a sportsbook and a casino.
- America’s Cardroom: America’s Cardroom accepts Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, it’s considered one of the most popular and reputable online poker sites in the US. It offers a wide variety of games, including Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and Stud, as well as a large number of tournaments, including the famous Online Super Series.
- CoinPoker: CoinPoker is a unique online poker room that uses its own cryptocurrency, CHP, to facilitate all transactions. The platform offers a variety of games and tournaments, including Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and Stud. CoinPoker is known for its mobile app, its fast payouts, and its provably fair technology.
It’s worth mentioning that before playing on any of these sites, make sure you are aware of any laws and regulations regarding online gambling in your country, also check for the site’s reputation and security measures.
The growing popularity of cryptocurrencies
As mentioned, 2017 was the real breakout year for cryptocurrencies. While the likes of bitcoin had been around for a number of years, it was in 2017 that it entered into the mainstream consciousness. At the start of the year, it was just under $1,000 in the price for a single bitcoin. By the end of the year, its price had almost reached $20,000. There was an obvious bubble in the space, with countless mainstream media reports about the phenomenon leading to everyone trying to get in on the action.
Countless people who knew little to nothing about how the likes of bitcoin worked were putting their life savings into investing in these coins, as well as maxing out credit cards. Since 2018, there was a significant decrease in the value of the majority of cryptocurrencies. There has been a resurgence since, with the prices becoming a bit more stable than they were previously. Disregarding the investment side of cryptocurrencies, a lot of people were looking to use these tokens to buy and sell goods and services in a more secure manner. Initially, bitcoin got a lot of flak for being the payment method of choice on the illegal goods and services dark web marketplace, the Silk Road. However, as time went on, legitimate businesses began to conduct transactions in bitcoin and it started to become a lot more normal. There are a lot of aspects to bitcoin which make it an ideal way for some people to add and withdraw funds for online gambling.
What exactly is bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is decentralized. Blockchain technology is at the core of this digital currency. This is a list of records that is constantly updated in real-time. These individual records are put together in blocks and connected through encryption in order to make a chain. Blockchain is now being used for a wide variety of applications. With bitcoin, every transaction is recorded on the blockchain and it cannot be altered. This is why bitcoin is seen as being secure. There is no single body in charge of these coins, there is a fixed supply that is released at predetermined intervals.
Using Bitcoin to online poker as a deposit method
If you are interested in obtaining bitcoin (presuming you do not already have any) in order to play poker online, then there are going to be a few different steps you are going to have to follow.
Get a bitcoin wallet
Your first step is to obtain some form of bitcoin wallet. You can download basic forms of these wallets online, but the safest ones are physical hardware wallets that are not connected to the internet. However, for ease of use, a lot of people will use digital wallets. A bitcoin wallet is effectively like a bank account for your bitcoin. There are many different resources that show you which are the best wallets for your needs.
Purchase some bitcoin
As soon as you have downloaded the bitcoin wallet, you will be ready to purchase some bitcoin. There are many exchanges out there today which allow you to buy bitcoin. If you are not very familiar with trading and exchanges, your best bet will be to use a platform such as Binance. This is a fiat-to-cryptocurrency exchange that is very intuitive and easy to use. All you need to do is deposit money using a debit card or bank transfer and then use these funds to buy a certain amount of bitcoin. You can then send these funds to your already selected bitcoin wallet once they have been purchased.
Finding an online poker bitcoin site
Your next step is going to be selecting an online poker bitcoin site. It is important that you do your homework and ensures that they are a reputable platform that takes your security seriously and that has a decent selection of poker games for you to choose from. After doing all of your research into the matter and when you have found a platform to use, you can then deposit your bitcoin into it. This is simply done by obtaining the bitcoin address for your online poker bitcoin account and then sending your funds from your bitcoin wallet to this address. This process will not take long at all. When it comes time to withdraw your funds from your online poker bitcoin account, you do a similar process. It cannot be any more straightforward!